Someone 2 Listen
Human beings thrive in relationships that engender respect, often the outcome of applied skill. Listening is essential to communication, and listening without interpreting what someone is saying is a practiced skill. These days, focused and caring listening appears to be both a great need and in short supply.
As a student of Nonviolent Communication, founded by Marshall Rosenberg, I apprenticed in the 1990’s with one of his senior certified teachers and proceeded to teach my own small-group course, Empathic Communication.
Increased communication skill may be for you if you want to:
- Free yourself from co-dependent interactions.
- Reduce or eliminate conversations that produce emotional violence.
- Learn to appreciate another point of view even when you don’t agree with it.
- Gain insight into what trips you up in both work and personal conversations.
- Give empathy to yourself and learn how to give it to others.
- Do not take what someone says to you personally.
Individual sessions based on your specific communication issues. Materials included. $75. hr.
Small group session or series available. Bid proposal per request.